Dallas, TX Two House Fires, Mar 1891
Two Fires Yesterday.
A fire alarm was turned in from box 71 at 8 o'clock last night, occasioned by a small fire which caught from a defective fireplace at the residence of Mr. C. F. Carter, 391 Ross avenue. The damage was slight.
A house on Nettie street, owned and occupied by Mrs. White, burned down last night. The contents were saved. The house was valued at $700 and the insurance was unknown. The fire is thought to have originated from a defective flue. It was outside of the water district.
Dallas Morning News, Dallas, TX 17 Mar 1891
Transcribed by Linda Horton. Thank you, Linda!