Irving, TX Johnson Poultry Co Fire, Dec 1954

NO SCRAMBLING

Eggs Taken Out Safely During Fire.

Staff Special to The News.

IRVING, Texas.---Workmen carted out 28 cases---or 840 dozen---eggs without scrambling a one Tuesday when fire broke out in the candling house of the Johnson Poultry Company on Pecan Road.

County Fire Marshal Hal Hood said the fire apparently resulted from a cigarette or match thrown in a trash pile outside the building.

Damage was estimated at $800. He said about $500 damage was to the building and the remainder to machinery and paper egg cartons inside. He credited the relative low loss to fast work by the Irving Fire Department.

Mrs. J. E. Kelly of Irving was listed as owner of the building.

Dallas Morning News, Dallas, TX 22 Dec 1954

Search for more information on this disaster and other train wrecks, fires, accidents, etc. in historical newspapers in the Newspaper Archive. You just might find your ancestors in old newspaper articles. Search for your ancestors among the billions of names at ancestry.com Find death records, census images, immigration lists and genealogy other databases for your surnames. Use this Free trial to search for your ancestors. Start Your Family Tree It's FREE and easy. Start with yourself, your parents, grandparents and you're on your way to building your family history! Get Started Now and build your family tree at ancestry.com. It's Free!