Brownwood, TX Cook Stove Fire, Feb 1909
CHILD SERIOUSLY BURNED.
Clothing Catches Fire from Flames in Cook Stove.
Special To The News.
Brownwood, Tex., Feb. 14---The 4-year-old child of Mr. and Mrs. Pete Grundy, who live in North Brownwood, was seriously burned yesterday afternoon late so badly that there is little chance for its recovery.
The mother had started a fire in the cook stove and stepped outside for a minute, when she was startled by the screams of the child. Its clothing caught fire in some way and was almost burned from its body before the fire was put out. The little one is still alive.
Dallas Morning News, Dallas, TX 17 Feb 1909
Transcribed by Linda Horton. Thank you, Linda!