Bristol, PA House Fires, Feb 1904

SICK MAN CARRIED FROM BURNING HOME.

Fire Destroys Two Houses in Bristol – Water Plugs Frozen and Firemen Left Helpless.

Bristol, Pa., Feb. 5. -- Inability to get water from a frozen fire plug resulted in the total destruction of two residences and their contents on Jefferson avenue last evening.
The new residences of GEORGE P. HIBBS and WILLIAM HANEY, at Jefferson avenue and Pond street, caught fire from a defective flue, and although the department promptly arrived the firemen were powerless to check the flames as the street hydrants were frozen.
H. P. CASE who was confined to his bed at the HANEY residence with typhoid fever had to be carried out in the night air into a neighboring residence.
The total loss is estimated at $10,000.

The Trenton Times New Jersey 1904-02-05

Search for more information on this disaster and other train wrecks, fires, accidents, etc. in historical newspapers in the Newspaper Archive. You just might find your ancestors in old newspaper articles. Search for your ancestors among the billions of names at ancestry.com Find death records, census images, immigration lists and genealogy other databases for your surnames. Use this Free trial to search for your ancestors. Start Your Family Tree It's FREE and easy. Start with yourself, your parents, grandparents and you're on your way to building your family history! Get Started Now and build your family tree at ancestry.com. It's Free!