New York, NY Globe Lodging House Fire, Oct 1902

Birth, Marriage & Death Records

FIRE IN LODGING HOUSE.

Fire started soon after 1 o'clock this morning in the store of Joseph Reddegeld on the first floor of the Globe Lodging House at 190 and 192 Park Row and extending around the corner to 190 and 194 Worth Street.

This store is above a 3-cent restaurant. The store is one where matches, small notions and the like are handled. The fire started up and burned rapidly. It spread with great rapidity through the lodging house, in which 200 lodgers, eighteen in one family, were sleeping. They were roused by the cries of the night clerk and fled half clad and in a state of panic into the street. All escaped without injury. The damage was about $25,000.

The New York Times, New York, NY 10 Oct 1902