Milltown, NJ Used Kerosene to Start Fire, Sept 1897

MRS. BAIER DIES BY FIRE

Used Kerosene in a Stove at Milltown, N. J.--Her Husband Burned

NEW BRUNSWICK, N. J., Aug. 31--Mrs. Gottlieb Baier of Milltown used kerosene to start the fire this morning, and the can exploded, setting her clothing on fire. Her husband tore the burning garments from her and was severely burned himself.

Before losing consciousness Mrs. Baier begged her husband to forgive her for her carelessness. She died at 1 o'clock this afternoon in the Wells Memorial Hospital. Baier will recover.

The New York Times, New York, NY 1 Sept 1897