Sauk Center, MN Clothing Catches Fire, Dec 1910

SAUK CENTER GIRL DIES FROM BURNS

Veronica Phillipson, Aged 8, Sets Clothing Afire From Candle Accident.

SAUK CENTER, Minn., Dec. 26. - Veronica Phillipson, aged eight years, was fatally burned Christmas day. She was playing with her dolls upstairs and lighted a candle.

Her clothing caught fire and she was fearfully burned before the fire could be extinguished by her mother. Dr. Khirgis and Rev. Father Atzt went to the home as quickly as possible and everlything was done to save the child's life, but she died this morning.

Mrs. Phillipson is a very poor woman. She has three boys to care for. She is prostrate with grief.

The Duluth News-Tribune, Duluth, MN 27 Dec 1910