Adrian, MI House Fire, Jun 1900

A SMALL BLAZE.

It Raises Havoc in the Home of Michael Bain, Erie Street.

At about 11 o’clock this morning smoke was discovered coming out of the roof of the residence of Michael Bain, No. 61 Erie street, by the family of Mr. Kelly, neighbors, and an alarm was given at No. 2 engine house. The fire had a good start when the department got there, and it required some water to suppress the flames. The fire had started in a closet at the head of the stairway, and was making good headway when the department arrived.

It is hard to estimate the loss, but most of it was done by water. There [line missing] started. The family was downtown watching the parade, and did not know of the fire until the alarm sounded.

Adrian Daily Telegram, Adrian, MI 20 Jun 1900