Palmer, MA Hotel Fire, Aug 1891

FATAL HOTEL FIRE.

A Congregational Minister Loses His Life at Palmer, Mass.

Palmer, Mass., Aug. 3.---The Weeks House on South Main Street, an old landmark, was discovered on fire at about 2 o'clock this morning. The flames spread with great rapidity and in a short time enveloped almost the entire structure. There were about thirty-five guests and borarders in the house, and they had barely time to escape in their night clothing. The Rev. Mr. Williams, a retired Congregational minister, who had been boarding about a month at the house, was burned to death. His body was found burned beyond recognition, nothing but the charred trunk remaining. The guests lost all their effects. The property loss will be about $50,000; insurance $15,000.

Centralia Enterprise and Tribune, Centralia, WI 8 Aug 1891