Vevay, IN Mrs. Everett SCHROEDER Choked to Death 6 December 1923

Madison Courier newspaper, Madison, IN
Thursday 6 December 1923; Page 2, Column 2

TERRIBLE TRAGEDY AT VEVAY

Mrs. Everett SCHROEDER Choked to Death in Washing Machine

Victim Was Strangled When Her Fascinator Caught in Wringer

Special to The Madison Courier
VEVAY, IN - Dec 6

Mrs. Everett SCHROEDER, aged 23 years, was strangled to death this morning at her home near here when a fascinator around her throat caught in the wringer of a gasoline power washing machine she was operating.

The accident happened aobut 11:30 o'clock. No one was near at the time and the rollers of the machine evidentelly exerted such power that Mrs. SCHROEDER was unable to extricate herself or throw off the power. Life was extinct when aid reached her. Mrs. SCHROEDER is survived by her husband.

Search for more information on this disaster and other train wrecks, fires, accidents, etc. in historical newspapers in the Newspaper Archive. You just might find your ancestors in old newspaper articles. Search for your ancestors among the billions of names at ancestry.com Find death records, census images, immigration lists and genealogy other databases for your surnames. Use this Free trial to search for your ancestors. Start Your Family Tree It's FREE and easy. Start with yourself, your parents, grandparents and you're on your way to building your family history! Get Started Now and build your family tree at ancestry.com. It's Free!