Vevay, IN Mrs. Everett SCHROEDER Choked to Death 6 December 1923

Madison Courier newspaper, Madison, IN
Thursday 6 December 1923; Page 2, Column 2

TERRIBLE TRAGEDY AT VEVAY

Mrs. Everett SCHROEDER Choked to Death in Washing Machine

Victim Was Strangled When Her Fascinator Caught in Wringer

Special to The Madison Courier
VEVAY, IN - Dec 6

Mrs. Everett SCHROEDER, aged 23 years, was strangled to death this morning at her home near here when a fascinator around her throat caught in the wringer of a gasoline power washing machine she was operating.

The accident happened aobut 11:30 o'clock. No one was near at the time and the rollers of the machine evidentelly exerted such power that Mrs. SCHROEDER was unable to extricate herself or throw off the power. Life was extinct when aid reached her. Mrs. SCHROEDER is survived by her husband.