Osgood, IN Workers Overcome by Fumes 15 June 1988

Madison Courier newspaper, Madison, IN
Wednesday 15 June 1988; Indiana News, Page 2
Around Indiana, Columns 3 & 4

OSGOOD, IN - Authorities say hydrogen sulfide fumes apparently killed two egg company employees as they cleaned the inside of a tanker truck.

Danny GILLAND, 42, and Ira Michael TURNER, 32, both of Osgood, IN, died Tuesday at Vine Egg Company, here, police said. The two were using a soap and water solution to clean a truck used to haul inedible eggs.

Both apparently were overcome with hydrogen sulfide fumes or suffered from an inadequate air supply caused by the buildup of the fumes, police said.

Hydrogen sulfide is a poisonous gas that can be found in the putrefaction of animal matter.

Denny T. Gilland
Find A Grave Memorial# 103681338

Ira Michael Turner
Find A Grave Memorial# 91608313

Search for more information on this disaster and other train wrecks, fires, accidents, etc. in historical newspapers in the Newspaper Archive. You just might find your ancestors in old newspaper articles. Search for your ancestors among the billions of names at ancestry.com Find death records, census images, immigration lists and genealogy other databases for your surnames. Use this Free trial to search for your ancestors. Start Your Family Tree It's FREE and easy. Start with yourself, your parents, grandparents and you're on your way to building your family history! Get Started Now and build your family tree at ancestry.com. It's Free!